Friday, July 16, 2010

Chili's Restaurant

While this blog will focus on the progress
of our hot suave company, I'd like to include some other topics as they relate to food when I have the chance. Enjoy.

I hadn't eaten at Chilis in some time and the last time I went I was extremely unimpressed with their new menu. They got an A for effort in trying to create new and interesting menu items by fancying up fajitas, tacos, etc. They failed miserably with greasy food and flavors that didn't compliment each other.

My roomate and I used to drink beers and eat chips and salsa back in the day but I always thought their meals were average. But you pay for a chain restaurant, and you get the culinary equivalent so you can't really complain.

We received a free brownie sundae coupon for my wife's birthday so we gave them another shot. The menu is again filled with NEW items and I was a bit worried. We started with the bottomless chips and their new ranch salsa. It was wonderful and the chips are now lighter and crisper.

We decided to split the fajita trio which included steak, chicken and shrimp. It was excellent! The onions, peppers, and meat were perfectly cooked in a hot cast iron skillet, the sides an toppings fresh and the tortillas warm and pliable. The rice was refreshing and light with hints of cilantro and lime.

Thank you Chilis for being back to what you should be.

2 comments:

  1. There's a hot sauce contest in NC you and Wreg might want to check out:

    http://www.stovallsgifts.com/hot/

    North Carolina Hot Sauce Contest

    Sept 11, 2010

    Main Street, College Street and Hillsboro Street in Oxford, NC


    This website has a listing of shows in case you need to plan your research trips: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/calendar.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another link I just found with business articles:
    http://www.fiery-foods.com/index.php/find-products

    ReplyDelete